Monday, April 13, 2009

my recent projects

I decided awhile ago that I need to start occupying myself by finishing old projects, in order to make myself feel more fulfilled, and make my house into more of a home. Here are two of them that I just completed. The first is a picture of the quilt that I made for my brother's wedding. I had finished and quilted the quilt before he got married last May. All that was left was the binding. Well, my sewing machine broke about the time I got around to making the binding. Then, we moved, then it took months to get the machine fixed and then we moved again. Anyway, this is a pic of the quilt. It's GORGEOUS!! It has their names, their wedding date, and a poem from their invitation embroidered on the large squares of the triple irish chain. It is done in the colors of their wedding (more or less) and the quilting on the edges is music notes, because they are both musicians.



The second project is a project that was altered. I bought some fabric to make a roman shade for the guest room in our house in Conroe. Never did that because I liked the blinds better. Then Jason's parents gave us their table and chairs. I love them, except for the fabric on the seats of the chairs. So, I took the fabric I bought for the roman shades and reupholstered the chairs last week. The one on the left (green with leaves) is the new fabric. The one on the right is the old fabric.



2 comments:

Emily K said...

The chair and quilt look awesome! Good job!

Kelsey said...

We love the quilt, Bonnie! I'm just trying to figure out what wall to put it on... we've run out. Also, I definitely prefer the new upholstery. It looks lovely.