Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Picking and Carving Pumpkins

So, we decided we'd do this all right and  go to a pumpkin patch instead of the grocery store to pick our pumpkins.  We picked rather randomly from the places that you can both pick apples and get a pumpkin and I think we picked rather poorly.  When we got there, there were no apples to be picked because there had been a hail storm.  Then the apples that they had were like $2-$2.50 a pound.  Yeah, the grocery store has fresh apples for 99 cents. . . no thank you.  Then, the selection of pumpkins was rather limited, but the kids had fun anyway (as kids are wont to do.)  We found 2 great pumpkins and spent some time feeding the goats and playing with all the, hmm, what do you call those cut outs that you put your head through so you look like you are something else?
We had those pumpkins around for awhile and we carved them last night.  Jason and I decided we'd go all out with the carving and I had a ton of fun making some pretty awesome designs!!  The kids scooped, Karin helped with a couple cuts but mainly, I did the carving.  It was a BLAST and totally improved my mood!!

















3 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I love Karin's crown!

The Figgins said...

Cute punkins!

Melanie said...

Looks like you had fun at the farm. . . and the pumpkins look great.

My favorite, though, is that Jason has turned into a NH mountain man already. :)